20111026

coastal food wars introduction- GraffEATIIII!!!


The constant question I keep getting...So how was the food in LA?
My Answer....I had to adjust.
I actually found an entry that I never posted basically of me bashing the LA food scene. I am glad I didn't post it, because I have learned to love the food scene (or just adjust to it, however you want to look at it).

A little excerpt from a year ago:

"
Its 7pm and I don’t know what to eat. Every day since I have lived in LA I have dealt with this dilemma. Growing up in North Jersey, there was always something to eat, and it was good. Whether it was having a home cooked meal with family or friends, or a restaurant or take out. It was so easy, knowing the places that were good and worth every bite. But what do you do when you don’t know what is good. How many bad slices of pizza do you have to eat before you find a mediocre one.  For the first couple of months of me living out here, it was a constant reminder that I am not home. I arrived in LA on a cold rainy night in January, and went straight to Westwood, and I was starving. I walked around Westwood village for about 20 minutes looking for a place to get a bite, and it was desolate, there was nothing to eat anywhere. All I kept thinking is 'where did I just move to!?' After some research, I found some late night spots, but I started to realize, this was nothing like what I was used to.

Growing up so close to the city, and constantly being there has made me take it for granted. Now that I am not there, I miss everything about it. I am learning to love LA, but it will never compare to the east coast. Everything just seems so far away!
"


I learned to love LA. I have friends there and here constantly asking me, where should I go eat? Every month I had a visitor meet me (people used to joke that I should get a commission from the airlines because I was helping out so much) so I was constantly out to eat.  I am about to let you in on some shortcuts....But for now a little art-etizer!!!









No comments: